Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life...

Life with two little ones is certainly full, but wonderful. Elise is quickly approaching her second birthday and getting a little more independent and a little more opinionated with each day that passes. She is very sweet and practically adds a new word to her vocabulary every day. We can decipher most of what she's trying to say and with a mixture of pointing, acting, and context clues we can usually figure out the rest. Elise is very sweet to Caleb and wants to include "Baby" in most everything she is doing. Except for a few rare moments, she is quite kind and loving to him. I am still getting a laugh from the scene that I came across last week when I was in the kitchen and they were both in the play room. I was gone for about a minute and heard Elise saying "neigh, neigh, neigh." I wondered what was going on and went to check. To my surprise I found Elise straddled over Caleb riding on him like he was a pony. I was both frightened and found it rather amusing as well. I'm told that second children are usually a bit tougher because of events like this one. I'm sure it won't be long until Caleb will be holding his own against his big sister. For now, he will have to deal with her enthusiastic cuddles and sometimes overwhelming shows of affection.

Caleb is a wonderful and calm little man. He is smiling and giggling so much and when he can get a word in, even "talking" some to us. He found his thumb a few weeks ago and seems to enjoy Elise's entertainment while chowing on his finger and rubbing his hair with the opposite hand. I am finding myself much more relaxed with #2 and really enjoying how cuddly and chubby and sweet he is!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me of me and my older brother when we were younger. My older brother used to do things like that to me when we were that age. Love the pictures!! I hope we get to see you guys when we get there this summer!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home