Sunday, June 17, 2007

The "almost-surprise" baby shower!


On Wednesday of last week, I accidentally found out about a baby shower that our friends were having for us on Saturday. The friend who leaked the secret felt very, very, very bad...but it ended up being funny and less stressful for everyone in the end!

Anyway, Josh and I were very blessed to be joined by lady friends from our Lighthouse Bible study, my women's Bible study, and spouses of guys in his office. Josh escaped most of the girly bits, but did get to enjoy helping me open gifts for our baby and that was nice.

We had a delicious lunch followed by games, gift opening and cake. The food and fellowship were wonderful and it was soooo nice to be cared for so well!

I probably need to explain the game pictures...in the first one we had two teams and had to pass a pacifier using a chop stick that we held in our teeth...how's that for Asian flare?!?!

For the second game everyone had to tear off a piece of toilet paper that they thought would match the circumference of my belly and then they all had to measure me to see who was the winner!

We are certainly thankful for everyone's kindness and generosity and thoroughly enjoyed the special afternoon with everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home